Monday, January 15, 2007

Baby It's Cold Outside

It's the kind of winter day that everyone complains about, but secretly loves.



There is a blizzard raging outside my window. The snow is falling so quickly that I am willing to bet that you couldn't see more than a few feet in front of you if you were to venture outside. I can only think of one thing: Pyjama Day. I dream of bundling up in my pjs with my Better Half, making extravagant meals, and watching movies until we fall asleep. I have only done this once, but I hope to do it many times more. There is something oddly comforting about being house-bound by a blizzard. Too bad it's not a lazy Sunday.



Friday's gig was very fun. Cafe Nostalgica is a lovely place, and having a table full of my drunken friends there made it even better. I also had an inebriated heckler! How exciting! I guess he liked the music, because he spent most of the evening hooting with glee or shouting "SPIDER!" after each song.*



We had a very productive studio session yesterday where we laid down the drums for four songs. FOUR SONGS! I was floored by how much we got done. I think I actually saw the light at the end of the tunnel, or rather, the album at the and of the recording. Sometimes I forget that we will actually have a finished product at some point.



I have purchased a rather enormous bottle of wine to share with my good friend tonight. I foresee a potentially scandalous posting tomorrow about my lack of decorum. Could I be more predictable?


*Eventually we figured out that he was saying "slider" followed by an air guitar-esque move, which probably means that we wanted to see "mad licks" or some other wankery during the bridges. I generally don't like flashy riffs during songs, so I don't do them myself. And besides which, I couldn't play one to save my life. Instead, I would wave to said heckler, and say, "Right on, man! I love spiders!" (Followed by the aforementioned hoot of glee)

No comments: