Saturday, September 29, 2007

End of Season

This is my first weekend off in a long time. Since the start of August, I have had a wedding or a similar function every seven days, without fail. Now that the CD release party is over and done with, I can go back to being sluggish.

Actually, that not entirely true. I'm not a total slug. I did walk down to the Wheat Berry this morning with Erin to do some "cleanse" groceries. That means a lot of kale, chard, collard greens and tofu for me. It's my first full day doing this thing and I feel fine. We'll see how tomorrow goes. And although it's almost midnight, I'm thinking of taking my Better Half for a walk down to the bagel store to buy some tofu cream cheese. Because if a girl can't use her Saturday night off to buy cream cheese, what can she do?

Now that wedding season is over with, house buying season has begun. All the couples who got married this summer are now buying houses. Next year, they will all be having babies. That's just a wild guess. I'm going to be a good five years behind when I finally get going, and frankly, I will probably go in reverse order. Although I'd love to own a house right now, I'm all too familiar with the unexpected costs that go along with the mortgage. I think I'll stay away for another few years.

Tomorrow I have a grueling day of barbecuing and a visit to the farmer's market. Is this what weekends off are like? I could get used to this.

No comments: