Thursday, January 31, 2008

Juuulian

There are some Very Exciting Things going on here in music-land, but instead of jumping the gun, I'll wait until everything is confirmed before I go blathering it all to you guys. Not because I don't love you, but more because I don't want to be crushed if things don't work out.

But I think they will.

Or at least, I hope they will. Very, very much.

I realize I'm not being very helpful.

BUT I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!

...

Soon, my muffins. Soon.

Speaking of which, after I made a public call for muffin recipes, I got quite a few suggestions that I have been dying to try. I have only tried one of them so far, but oh my fuck, it's good. Hey XUP, can I post the recipe for everyone? Pretty please?

I am very much looking forward to the next few days, most of which involve friends and food. As you know, these are two of my very favourite things, other than smooching and Trailer Park Boys. And smooching the Trailer Park Boys. (I kid. Sort of. Juuuulian.)

I would write more, but frankly, I'm an over-excited mess and I need to distract myself with something depressing like bills or credit cards. Too much happy makes me go a little loopy. As you may have noticed.

EDIT:

XUP's Wicked Delicious Vegan Pumpkin Recipe

3 cups of whole spelt flour
4 tsp. aluminum-free baking powder
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 cup raw sugar (I've made them with honey as well 1/2 cup or less)
4 Tablespoons whole flax seeds
1 1/2 cup water
2 1/2 cups solid packed canned pumpkin (one of those large cans)
1 cup raisins

Preheat oven to 350 F
Mix first 7 ingredients together well and set aside. Blend flax seeds and 1 cup of the water in a blender for 1 - 2 minutes until mixture is thick and has the consistency of a beaten egg white (this is the totally cool part). Add blended flax stuff to dry ingredients along with the pumpkin and the additional 1/2 cup of water and raisins. Stir until just mixed -- do not over-stir. Spoon into muffin tins. Bake 25 -30 minutes or until muffins bounce back when pressed lightly. Makes 16 muffins.

4 comments:

Laura said...

You are mean to leave us all hanging!!!!!

Fingers crossed for you!

Jessica said...

I hope there is a Toronto date!

XUP said...

Please feel free to post my precious muffin recipe..

Also, I'm jumping up and down with excitement and giddiness for you and I don't even know why....

Anonymous said...

How intriguing!

(I love Julian too, by the way.)