Thursday, May 08, 2008

Cupcake Debacle

I've said before that my baking skills are not quite up to par with my cooking skills. Now there's proof.

Last night, Rach and I decided to wash down our Ethiopian food and wine with some homemade cupcakes. We called my Better Half for the recipe and got down to business.

Then things started to go wrong.

Please enjoy this photo representation of the rest of our night.



Before the shit hit the fan. See those clean muffin cups? And the lack of flames? So domestic!




Things are starting to go wrong. I am destroying the butter with a potato masher. Rach is smiling at my pain.



We got too excited about the cupcakes and kept opening the oven door. Then we forgot about them for a bit. End result.


Rachel checks her boobs for a missing piece of cupcake.

Moral of the story: Leave the baking to your sexy partner, and stick to making pesto. Also, don't bake while drunk. Also, don't keep opening the oven to look at your pretty cupcakes. Also, purchase dessert ahead of time to avoid crushing disappointment at the end of the night.

I'm going out of town for the weekend... If I don't have the internets where I'm staying, I hope you all have a lovely few days.

No comments: