Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Sick Day #1

Being home sick from work has many limitations.

Presumably one is not feeling well, so getting caught up on miscellaneous chores is difficult. But this is also the time of year when being housebound is not so bad. For example, if I were to peer outside, there would be snow on the ground, but it would also be raining. Do I really want to go outside in that?

The correct answer is: Naaaah.

And so, as I type, I am getting done what little I can. For one, my hair is slathered with bleach. I can't remember how long I've been meaning to dye my hair, but probably since a few days after the last time I dyed my hair. Like, a month ago. I've been dying my hair with the same white stripes since I was in grade seven, and I'm not about to stop now. The longer my roots get, the more I long for platinum streaks. It's just this thing I do.

(Time passes)

And look! Success!


Yes, yes, I know. I am probably more excited about my hair than anyone else. But hey, it's raining in December. What's a girl to do? I'm going to go eat some matzo ball soup and look up some words on Urban Dictionary.

I can't decide if you should be envious or not.

No comments: