Sunday, April 08, 2007

Sugar, Booze and Fat

It's been a pretty great long weekend, especially since I didn't realize I was getting a long weekend to begin with. The past three days have been a blur of wine, food, and adorable animals. Mildly hungover, overly full, and sleepy. That's me. But who wants to talk about that when we can talk about pets?

Adorable pet number one: Toni.

Toni is a sweet, 6-year-old Chihuahua. Did I think I liked Chihuahuas before I met her? No. Do I love Chihuahuas now? Yes.

She belongs to our good friends Elaina and Suki, who were kind enough to invite my Better Half and I over for a massive meal this weekend. The food was immaculate, and little Toni took to my BH like a duck to water. She became so attached that when I leaned over to peck him on the cheek, she barked jealously until I backed off. Wow. I get the picture, little T. No PDA's involving my boyfriend. And your boyfriend, I guess.


Hilarious. And wonderful. And damn it was good to hang out with those gals again. I think we ate for five hours straight. No, wait... We really did eat for five hours straight. Jesus. No wonder I've been waddling around like a penguin all day.

Adorable pet number two: Boots.

I consider Boots to be my cat, even though I haven't lived with her since I moved out of my parent's house. Still, I'm the one who picked her out at the Humane Society all those years ago, and I'm the one who cooed over her every second of every day until I moved away. Here she is all drugged out from sleeping under her catnip blanket.

And here she is showing me her slick moves. Like a jungle cat!

I'm going to make a big pot of tea and try to flush out a bit of the sugar, booze and fat I consumed this weekend. That way I can consume more sugar, booze and fat tomorrow, and not die on the spot.

It's a flawless plan.

No comments: