Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Dorkus Potterus Extremus

Well, I survived the party and have immersed myself in Harry Potter mania for the past few days. I re-read the sixth book to make sure I remembered everything (a practice I call Dorkus Potterus Extremus), and am nearly done the final book. The amazing, psychotically addictive final book.

I love, LOVE that these books are making kids (and adults) discover the fun of reading again. When I was a kid, I had Tolkien around, sure. But what I wouldn't have given for the Harry Potter books back then. I would have been a reading machine! Like, more of a reading machine!

But enough of books for now - music calls.

Although the album isn't *officially* released until the fall, I've been selling copies left right and centre to whomever will buy them. This has been an encouraging process, because I've had several people come back for additional copies to give as gifts. I'll have my web site ready for online orders soon. In the meantime, come over for tea and pick up your CD and tickets. Y'know. If you're into that sort of thing.

No comments: