Sunday, July 22, 2007

Your Turn Me On, I'm A Radio

Well, the test anxiety is done with, and I am one happy girl.

In government French testing, an A is a low-ish mark, a B is a mid-range mark, and a C is high. Since I had a C from my oral test, I am now classified as a CBC. Ironic, since I used to work for the CBC. It never really leaves you, I say. I still miss the job every now and then, since I had the greatest crew of co-workers a gal could want. Who doesn't like being surrounded by a bunch of creative radio junkies who love beer?

I digress.

As some of you know, I am an obsessive list-maker. My lists are the only reason I get anything done, and as such, you will rarely find me without my notebook nearby. Yesterday I finally crossed off one of my long-standing to-dos.

I have wanted a new library card since I was in high school. I used to go to the public library as a kid, but when I entered my teenage years and then adulthood, I longed for a card that wasn't the old-school blue and white, and that didn't have my grade three signature (read scrawl) on the back. Yesterday, I marched myself down to the closest branch, and got my very own card.

It's funny how happy these things make me. The first thing I thought of was how much fun it would be to take my Better Half to the library on a date. Ooooh, hot.

I intended to take a full tour of the library so I could get familiar with the different sections, but somehow, the first section I walked into was the cookbook/craft aisle. I never left it to explore the other genres. I was perfectly content where I was. I only pried myself away when I was deliriously hungry. I took a vegan cookbook with me, of course. It's funny, because when I walked into the library I was thinking "I should really pay closer attention to the amount of sweets I consume," and when I left, I was thinking, "I'm glad I have all the ingredients for this triple chocolate vegan mousse cake!"

I have the best intentions. I do. But they seem to have been replaced by a giant, glowing, fair-trade chocolate bar as of late.

And in even better news, I might actually get my album back this coming week. It needs to be shipped from Toronto, but the manufacturing will be done in the next couple of days. I have been total shit at pimping my CD release tickets, so I'm hoping that having the actual discs in my possession will remind me of the urgency of the situation. I will be bringing the tickets into Compact Music sometime this week, so if any of you would like to come to the party, you can get your fix there.

Plus, although can't divulge the details here, it looks like I will be advertising the album in a pretty awesome publication this fall. Maybe this is only exciting to me, but I promise, when it comes out you will see what I'm so giddy about. I just don't want to spill the beans before everything is confirmed. You know how it is. Things can sometimes go terribly wrong. I would hate to disappoint.

Off to make breakfast and drool over my new cookbook. Is it wrong to make brownies before noon?

No comments: