Sunday, August 26, 2007

Lava For Dinner

I feel much better now. Or at least, I am no longer curled up in a ball on my bathroom floor, groaning, waiting for my Better Half to come home and save me. Frankly, when he did come home, he wasn't even sure what to do with the mess he found. I was hugging the toilet wearing nothing but a towel, muttering "mystery drink... mystery drink..."

Needless to say, I will not be overindulging again for a while. Skipping from the Rainbow to the Lookout to Shanghai in record time will do that to you. Although, come to think of it, if it hadn't happened Friday night, it would certainly have happened at this open bar wedding we went to on Saturday. It was just a matter of time.

So Erin, dearest, don't feel badly. I'd much rather get alcohol poisoning with you than with a bunch of people in suits.

Today was much more laid back, with only cleaning and eating on the agenda. It sounds simple enough, but I still managed to burn my cookie sheet beyond recognition. Or, as my housemate put it:

Pam: Ange, your dinner looks like lava.

Me: Yes. I ate lava for dinner.

Pam: Delicious!

The new job starts tomorrow, so I have a buttload of ironing left to do. I also have a cookie sheet to throw out. I raise a glass of carrot juice to you all - enjoy the start of your week.

No comments: