Saturday, September 01, 2007

Giant Sheep

I realize that I wasn't going to drink again for a while after my Certain Sort shenanigans. I even showed up to my friend's wedding on Friday with no cash so I wouldn't go buying out the bar. But, as fate would have it, the bride and groom supplied the guests with many bottles of homemade wine, and because I didn't want to be rude, I partook in some sampling.

Let's just say things got a little out of control. Especially when I found the play structure.

Me: WHEEEEEE, PLAYING ON A STRUCTURE MADE FOR SOBER CHILDREN! SOOO FUN!


Me: GAH! CLIMBING IS SO STRENUOUS.... I MUST REST HERE AT THE TOP OF THIS....

*SLIDE!*


Me: I LOVE SLIDING! DOWN SLIDES! AT WEDDINGS! IN A DRESS! TOWARDS GIANT MYSTERY PUDDLES OF DIRTY WATER!

Me: EEEW! MOTHERFUCKER! THERE'S A GIANT PUDDLE OF DIRTY WATER THERE. WHY WAS I NOT WARNED??

(This ended well enough - I threw myself over the side before I hit the water)

Not to be outdone by myself, I later found a giant sheep, and proceeded make questionable advances on the poor thing. Most of these photos are not blog friendly, so I'll just include the initial discovery.



We had a great time in the end. We were seated at a table with a fabulous crew of people who danced, fed and got us drunk all night. It was refreshing and fun, but very exhausting. I slept most of the way home, and probably a bit on the odd shoulder.


Now it's off to bed so I can get up the energy for Ikea tomorrow. That place takes everything out of me. Can choosing a bedside table be any more of a workout?

Probably not. Unless I was looking for one on top of a giant sheep.

No comments: