Monday, October 01, 2007

Buns of Steel

Aerobics at lunch time. Sounds fun, right? Sounds like a good way to get some exercise during the work day?

It is also a good way to feel like an overripe tomato doing jumping jacks in front of a mirror. And the teacher? Charming and lovely, and made of steel. I think half the people in that class were staring at her butt through each routine just because it was so firm. Like, the thing never moved. She's all bouncing off the walls, shouting "plus vite! plus vite!" and there was not a jiggle in sight.

I, on the other hand, was ready to collapse. I was itching all over, trying to catch my breath, staring longingly at my water bottle, thinking, "The speakers are blasting the Spice Girls on crack, and you expect me to jump rope with weights in my hands?"

Ummm, no.

The important thing is that I tried, and within reason, I succeeded. I was by far not the most exhausted person there. This was heartening, and a little surprising. But at least I can look back and say, hey, I finished my third day of Joshi's crazy cleanse, AND I've stepped inside a gym. Hooray for me.

Argh. Who am I fooling? It's 8pm, and I've had a cramp in my side since noon. If that's not a reason for me to go watch TV, I don't know what is.

No comments: