Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Masochist

This is what my Better Half goes and bakes three days into our cleanse.


And the best part? He's making two more tonight. Because there are a lot of birthdays happening right now, and also because he's a masochist. And apparently he likes to torture me.

But at any rate, I'm still sticking to it, and I'm feeling pretty good about things. I paid a quick visit to the gym today on my lunch break, and worked out just enough to make me feel like I did something useful. But three weeks of this? Ugh. I know, I know. It was MY idea.

In other news, I have a lot of family visiting right now.




My little cousins are quite possibly the cutest kids I've ever seen.



And my aunt and uncle (different sides of the family) have somehow managed to stay fit, healthy and cool their entire lives.

My uncle Pat does Tai Chi, blows glass, and has more piercings than I can count.

My aunt Helen is a professional potter. When I commented that my cousin (and her son) had just gotten a massive tattoo across his entire head, she said, "Yeah, it's really neat!" I laughed when she said that his hopes of covering it up with a full head of hair were dashed by his receding hairline.

Oh, the things we forget to consider.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH ICING.

love Shawna