I just wrote a nice post about the OCFF conference. About how even though my mom and I were crazy sick all weekend, we still had a blast. About how our hotel was passable, even though you could get high by walking down the hallway and back. About the fact that we somehow ended up a 30 second stroll away from a nice vegetarian restaurant.
Then Blogger ate the post.
So, fuck you Blogger, and let's move on to a lovely meme that lovely Megan tagged me with.
7 Random Facts About Me
1. I hate sandwiches. They are bready and cold, and often full of cheap condiments and meaty things. Yes, I have had the odd great sandwich (hello Bottega!), but overall? Give me a steaming curry or a hot soup and I'm one happy little feverish lady. Oh, and I do realize the irony that I link to one of my favourite food blogs, Everybody Likes Sandwiches. The blog is great. But sandwiches? (Shudder)
2. I am sensitive to high pitched sounds. Try talking to me when there is something squealing in the background. I will look at you blankly until the noise stops. Once, when I was a market vendor (because I have worked every job in Ottawa it seems) I spent an entire day irritated and twitchy because I could hear a barely-audible high pitched wail coming from somewhere. At the end of the day, I identified the culprit as an air conditioner on the fritz. Vindicated, I packed up and went home.
3. I sang in the Vatican when I was 11. I was part of a children's choir that was touring Italy, and one of our stops was Rome. There I was, the lone Jew, singing songs about the suffering of Jesus.
4. I'm allergic to coffee, to the point where if I have a cup, my muscles will start to seize and I will get a migraine so badly that all I can do is lie in bed for the rest of the day. The only time I didn't react to coffee was in Colombia, where I accidentally had a big gulp of it in place of tea. When I didn't react, I drank more. Maybe it's the chemicals I'm allergic to? But I can't even drink the organic stuff here. I know because I worked in an organic cafe. Because I've worked everywhere in Ottawa.
5. I desperately want a French bulldog. I know they aren't glamorous, or pretty, but OH MAN are they ever funny. I met one a few years ago and went ape shit over it. It's like we were meant to be. It drooled on me and sneezed on my co-worker. That's real affection. In my spare time I look up baby French bulldog videos on Youtube and make little cooing sounds.
6. I love Israeli folk dancing, and I used to be really good at it. I'd like to start it up again but the Jewish Community Centre is too far away from me. So I will take salsa instead.
7. Although I've gone into this at length before, it's worth re-stating. I am always cold. In fact, I have already broken out the long johns and undershirts, and I wore a wool hat all weekend. I was cold in India. I was cold in Colombia. I find steam rooms comforting. And I was born in northern Ontario. Go figure.
Is this the part where I tag other people? Hmmm....
Sassy Red Head
Hope I haven't re-tagged anyone. These things are hard to keep track of!