Saturday, October 06, 2007

Peterborough

I am off to Peterborough later this morning to chill with some family at my aunt Kate's birthday party.

Kate is another one of those fabulous aunts I am so lucky to have. She's an artist, specializing mostly in giant bird sculptures and mosaics*, and she lives in Amsterdam with her partner and their adorable dog. She moved to Amsterdam for university ages ago, and decided never to leave. Her Dutch has gotten so good that people think she was born and raised there. I think it's pretty cool that they are coming down to party with us.

This also means that I get to catch up with the rest of my aunts, uncles and cousins. I have a lot of them. My mom had seven brothers and sisters, and they had lots of babies. But luckily for me, they are all cool, insanely artistic and musical, and good drinkers.

Hopefully I'll get some good family jamming pictures while I'm there. And there will be at least one drinking competition, I'm sure.

Happy Thanksgiving, in whatever way you celebrate!

*Last time I visited Kate, I slept in her studio. Waking up with a giant bird sculpture towering above you is fucking creepy, let me tell you.

No comments: