Saturday, December 22, 2007

Cleaning Therapy

That was a late night.

Good show, small crowd. You know what's great about a small crowd? You can make tasteless jokes, tease people mercilessly, and fuck around with your songs... Because there aren't enough people to stop you. Hah! And plus, I got to listen to Casey play without a constant hum of voices. It's amazing how much it changes how you listen. No more straining. You can hear the words. Delightful.

I feel pretty good about my performance overall, because not only did I have a lot of fun, but the bartender bought my CD. Bartenders at clubs hear music all the time. They probably get their fair share of free stuff, and they don't really need to care who's playing every night. But this one liked the music, and gave me exact change. Happy feelings! I've decided that I'm really not happy with my $300 banjo pickup though, which is depressing, because I can't return it and I don't have the money to replace it. Fuck. Bastard pickup.

I'm grumpy. I went to bed sometime after 2am, I'm tired, and my house is a mess. I think I'll turn on some very loud music and clean until I feel better. Also? I would like to be someplace sunny and warm right now. Not because I especially like cheapo resort vacations, but because turning off my brain and lying on a beach sounds really nice. My street still hasn't been cleared, and I dread walking to get groceries later today. While this is a normal part of winter and I should probably just shut up about it, I don't want to have to walk through a snowbank for 25 minutes just because I ran out of soy milk.

I hope your day is less grumpy than mine. Let's see if cleaning therapy does any good.

1 comment:

aandjblog said...

I hope your feeling better today. :)