Sunday, February 03, 2008

Fantastic Father

It's been a quiet Sunday so far, and my Better Half left at 11am to begin Super Bowl activities. 11am. I was still in my pajamas then!*

So far, I've been reading, trimming plants, cleaning and making spelt pizza dough.** Somehow I went from having a day of nothing to having a day of lunch plans, Value Village plans with my mum, and dinner plans. It'll be a girls' day, to counteract all the testosterone floating around. Luckily, the boys opted for a pub instead of my house, so I won't be subjected to beer funneling and chicken wings.

Oops. My lunch plans are supposed to start right now, and I'm still sporting bed head and a top that reads, "THIS SHIRT CONTAINS ONE SLIGHTLY FANTASTIC FATHER." I'm gonna shower and change in record time. Happy Sunday!


*Okay, so it's 12:30 and I'm still in my pajamas, but I haven't had a reason to get dressed yet. Don't judge.
**I use the Moosewood recipe and substitute the wheat flour for light spelt flour. I also use 1/2 cup of tapioca flour, which is damn tasty.

2 comments:

XUP said...

Did you score any good finds at Boutique VV? Do you go to the one on Bank Street? They had a lace tablecloth there the other day for $99 -- It was lovely and everything and probably hand-made, but still.... it's Value Village

Andrea... said...

I did... Including a wicked cowboy shirt and some yarn! But holy eff, is it ever expensive there... Soon people will catch on that they are paying full price for USED ITEMS.