Thursday, March 06, 2008

Car Pusher

When I said work was stressing me out a little, I had no idea this would turn into such a busy week. It's been go go go with no time to breathe. Thankfully I had the foresight to take Friday off. It can't come soon enough.

And my, wasn't yesterday a treat? Snow so high it reached my thighs. I'm not tall, but that's not cool. What amazes me most about the weather isn't the fact that we're getting assloads of snow (even though that's true), it's that people aren't being very kind about it. I've seen at least five cars get stuck in the snow, and barely anyone stops to help them. Maybe everyone is so annoyed with winter that they are being shits to everyone they see. I'm not sure that's productive. I quite enjoy pushing cars. I think I got that from my mother. She always used to say she was the "best damn car pusher in Timmins." Go mom!

So.

Tonight is our last rehearsal before the show, and then tomorrow is a much-needed FUN DAY. I still don't know when the concert will be broadcast, but I did find out that it will be available online for any out-of-Canada folks who want to listen. For those of you in Montreal, me and les boys will be heading there soon for a show. I'll have details on that shortly. It's been years since I've played there, and I greatly look forward to the alcohol. Uh, the sights. I look forward to the sights.

5 comments:

aandjblog said...

Good luck on your show Andrea! I wish you all the best!

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you!!! BE CBC.

love Shawna

XUP said...

Ya, people are being really mean. Some guy yelled at me from out of his car yesterday because I was walking on the road. It was a side road and there were no visible sidewalks --did he expect me to walk in the 4-foot high piles of snow on the side of the road? I very cleverly yelled back, "Maybe YOU should get off the road!" (and then mumbled something like sasspole... under my breath.)

Andrea... said...

Thanks guys!

XUP: My BH was walking on the street the other day, and a minivan actually hit him in the arm. All the other cars went around him just fine (again, no visible sidewalk) but the minivan decided to be a douche. What is wrong with people??

XUP said...

Snow Rage. The problem is people are looking at weather as something to do battle with instead of something to which to accommodate.