Monday, March 10, 2008

The Greater Indoors

I had a post full of winter pictures to share with you, but Blogger was having none of it. Too bad, because it's not often we get this much snow. It's even less often that I remember to take pictures. So instead of showing you the towering snowbanks and the buried cars, you will just have to take my word for it: there are towering snowbanks and buried cars. You Ottawa folks don't need me to tell you that, though. You are well aware of what's going on.

My Better Half and I spent a chunk of Sunday digging ourselves out, and occasionally trying to bury each other. Eventually, we carved out a sufficiant walkway, and made enough room so that our organic food deliveries wouldn't be interrupted. We also concluded that it was the food that motivated us to start shoveling, and not the fact that we would otherwise remain snowed in. Also, this way, we will continue to get mail. Or, rather, bills.

The storm was good, in the end. I got to enjoy the great outdoors and the greater indoors equally. After shoveling in the sun, we holed up inside with nothing but South Park and tasty snacks to keep us company. We looked up houses and apartments online. We did some laundry. We picked more bulldog names. We talked about the spring. I made a mental note to grow lettuce in a pot.

I guess it follows to say that I am really, really looking forward to April. There will be birthdays to celebrate, which means copious amounts of cake. There will be great concerts to attend. And, woo, I booked a gig in Montreal. This means a road trip with les boys and some quality time with one of my favourite cities.

No comments: