Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Chewable Pieces

Well, I got my drum kit. Finally.

It is excellently loud, silver, and *probably* set up incorrectly. But hey, it's still a drum kit! Maybe now I can work on improving my skills from week to week, instead of trying to soak in as much as I can during my half hour lesson.

I've been enjoying my new Woodhands CD, and it makes me want to dance every time I hear it. Unfortunately, it also gives me flashbacks to that douche at Zaphod's, but I think the music will win overall. (I finally got the sticky feeling out of my shoes)

I've also been listening to the new Radiohead album, although it doesn't exactly make me want to dance. It's so beautiful and sad that it breaks my heart into little chewable pieces every time I listen to it. Lately, I've been trying to ration out my listening time to make sure I don't get incredibly depressed. It's working so far.

Did you know that the drumming on the new Kathleen Edwards album is basically the same all the way through, so technically, I can play along with the whole album? Handy!

My Better Half and I got to visit with a sweet bulldog last night. Poor little dude had hip dysplasia. He seemed perfectly content, but still... It reminded me to research pet insurance. I don't even know if they insure against that kind of stuff.

I'm feeling a little anxious about some gigs I'm nailing down... Waiting for a potential confirmation is like waiting to get your wisdom teeth removed. Okay, I'm reaching a bit there. It's not exactly like that. But it still hurts.

3 comments:

XUP said...

You can get pet insurance coverage for almost anything, including preventative care, depending on how much you want to spend on insurance. Most won't insure a pre-existing condition, though. I think if you're spending money to get a dog at a reputable breeder, that dog should come with an absolutely clean bill of health -- otherwise I would be seriously concerned about the breeder and the things they may not be telling you. I'm just sayin'

Andrea... said...

Good to know... Thanks! We do get a 1 year health guarantee from the breeder, but things like hip dyplasia are so common in certain breeds that it's worth being prepared.

Anonymous said...

It's too bad you can't get insurance that actually protects the pet from illness.