Okay, one list of many.
My obsession with writing things out in a tidy line is well known to anyone who has read this blog more than once, or who has known me for more than five minutes. As part of this List, I will attempt to lay out some of the things I have learned over the past year, for the sake of being cheesy and cliche.
Before I go on, however, I should mention that I have a very bad history with New Year's celebrations, and have been known to fall over drunk, yell at people, get food poisoning, crawl through a parking lot on all fours, get the Norwalk virus, and spend New Year's day curled up in a ball on the bathroom floor at CKCU FM. One year, these things all happened at once. *
But enough of that. Here are some of the things I (re) learned in the past year or so. They may not apply to you, but they sure have been knocked into my mind for the last twelve months. Ahem.
- Vinegar is the only cleaning product you will ever need.
- In an emergency situation, banjo strings with the correct gage can be used on a guitar.
- Cell phones are only truly annoying in the hands of truly annoying people.
- Just because you loved going to university, doesn't mean you have any desire to go back.
- Some people are good crazy, and some people are bad crazy. Learn to tell the difference, and keep the fuck away from the bad ones.
- Eat portobello mushrooms often.
- Waiting for something to go on sale and waiting for a gum infection to magically heal itself are different things. Go straight to the dentist at the first sign of trouble. Oh, and buy stuff when it's on sale, if possible.
- Sometimes everything sucks so badly that you want to crawl into a hole and die. This has to happen for things to get better - and they will get better.
- Kosher dill pickles are so, SO much better than any other kind of pickles.
- Having a partner that loves you is the best feeling in the world.
- MP3 players are great, but having an album in your happy little hands is greater.
- Getting to bed early may not be as awful as it sounds. And it sounds pretty awful.
- Kitties love cardboard boxes. (I don't know what this has to do with anything, but it's true.)
Okay, I am deliriously sleepy, and need to crawl into my dear, sweet bed. Happy New Year, drive safe, and I'll see you in 2007!
*I'm not even joking. It was a Very Bad Day. Don't even get me started on my Canada Day extrava-nightmares.