Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Shrimp

I think we've all had our fill of smutty pumpkins, yes?

The irony is that I haven't carved a "normal" pumpkin for tonight, when our house will be bombarded with little tykes in costume. Oh well. I suppose a bowl of gourds is better than nothing. At least we have the candy.*

Right now I'm trying to ignore my left foot, which is no longer numb, but is instead incredibly sore. It occurred to me yesterday that I might have actually broken a small bone in my foot, and that's what's pressing on the nerve. But I'll stop talking about my feet, because I don't want you to get too excited and spoil your energy for Halloweeen.

My plan to go as PC from the Mac and PC commercials was canned because I didn't locate a suit. I like Aggie's idea of going as a shrimp, which is especially funny to me because I am 5'2 and am often called 'shrimp' anyway. But it's not going to happen, because I am lazy, and I don't have any pink fabric.**

I think I will stuff my pillow up my shirt and pretend to be pregnant. And then I can pretend to be a doctor when my Better Half looks at me and passes out.

Happy Halloween!


*One of my roomies suggested that we give out pencils instead of candy. My other roommate said this was fine, as long as the first roomie cleans up the egg and toilet paper from our house tomorrow.
**Plus, you know what would happen when I got all wrapped up in nice, soft material? I would fall asleep. Dressed as a shrimp.

3 comments:

Aggie said...

I'm glad the shrimp idea inspired you. I was trying to inspire others to make a group costume: a basket of shrimp. But, we all got caught up in the details of how to do the basket, the tail, etc.. But, now I have an entire year to meditate on it.

Andrea... said...

I had an epiphany last night that I should have dressed up as a condom, but frankly, a basket of shrimp sounds even more exciting.

I too will meditate on this perplexing dilemma.

aandjblog said...

"Plus, you know what would happen when I got all wrapped up in nice, soft material? I would fall asleep. Dressed as a shrimp."

omg! that's funny :P

I don't really know who you are, but omg, would it ever be funny to go to a party and see someone passed out in a shirmp costume. :)