Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Rinse and Repeat

Yesterday was a combination of Lovely Evening and Craptastic Night.

The lovely part was hosted by one of my favourite bloggers, Jo Stockton. She held a little craft/sweets/chatty party, and it was just as geat as I imagined it would be. It was so great, in fact, that I thought her cupcakes were fake because they actually looked too good to be real. I finally left at around 11:30, which was pushing my luck a little with my sleep karma. As you will see, I was punished for my crimes.

After finally locating a cab, I got home to a very sick partner. My Better Half had decended into coughing hell since I had left, and this continued until about an hour ago. At 5 am. I've had a whopping three hours of sleep, and that's being generous. My poor BH. And my poor brain. I am so tired that I'm having trouble toasting my spelt bread. Because toasting bread is haaaaard when you have your eyes half open. I feel like death warmed over.

How I'm going to get through a day of work is beyond me, but I can revert back to student mode in emergencies like this: I do it because I have to. Must work. Must catch bus. Must get back home and crash. Rinse and repeat.

No comments: