Sunday, June 08, 2008

Youthful Skin (And Some Face Humping)

So although it promised to be all sorts of fun, yesterday actually started off on a super stressful note (although it got progressively better as the day went on). Oh well. Sometimes these things can't be helped. I made it to the spa, and nothing else matters. I could marry the girl who does the facials there. Beside the deliciousness of the facial itself, she made funny little jokes and commented that my skin was in wicked shape.*

I feel lately like my brain is slowly melting and oozing out of my ears as I sleep. By the time I wake up, I'm just a little bit dumber and disorganized than I was the evening before. I hope to remedy this problem before I am all out of brain.

Morty has decided that the garden hose is his new playmate. He treats is like he does visiting dogs. He smells it, bats at it, growls at it, and then goes about dueling with it (even though the hose is OBVIOUSLY not interested in dueling with a fat puppy with a flatulence problem). I usually end up spraying him, which is not as cruel as it sounds considering how fracking hot it is this weekend.

He also met two new dogs in the past few days. One was Jewel, the bichon frise belonging to two of my best friends. They played very well, and considering that Jewel occasionally doesn't get along with other dogs, we were thrilled that they didn't hate each other by the end of the night. Then there was O'Doyle, the English bulldog that I swear has some boxer in him. He's huuuuuuge. He is also way more aggressive and high energy than little Morty was expecting. To introduce himself, Morty humped O'Doyle in the face. It's just his way of saying, "Hi! I'd like to love you up, if that's cool. I realize you're a dude, but I'm fine with that. Now, I'm just gonna put my wang right over here..." However, after getting bowled over and kicked in the head for the millionth time, Morty started chewing on his larger playmate with his brand new teeth. Ow. We split them up to avoid a flattened puppy and a bloody O'Doyle.

We're finally starting to eat properly again. The older Mordichai gets, the more we can do without worrying about him. I made Korean pancakes for breakfast, and my Better Half made watermelon juice with fresh mint. God it was good.

Anyways, I have some pretty great pictures of the face humping, so if I ever get up the energy to find my camera cable, I'll put them up here. Who doesn't want to see my whiney puppy hump a massive bulldog in the face? That's what I thought.

*Speaking of youthful skin, I got carded when I went out for brunch! Carded! It figures that as soon as I blog about how people always think I'm five years older than I am, I start getting carded at family pubs. It was sort of exciting. Sometimes I offer my ID at the LCBO, but they usually just wave it away.

No comments: